- 1m of material
- 1 x round hat box the diameter is about 45cm - I used the two circles from the top and bottom, you can use thick cardboard if you like.
- 1 x round mirrored coaster (I got 2 different sizes from my local dollar store $2 & $2.50)
- Craft glue
Creating the Petals
Cut material into two different sizes - rough measurement is okay:
Large size 20cm x 10cm, cut 45 pieces of material
Small size: 12cm x 7cm cut 12 pieces (to form the centre circle)
Tuck the corner under to form a cone shape
Staple the fabric
Preparing the base
- Using a scalpel knife cut around the lid of the hat box.
- Cover the cardboard with fabric and fix with craft glue- for the sheer fabric I used a round white placemat.
- Starting with the large size petals one by one glue the back of each petal, place around the circle at 3, 6, 9 and 12 (clock) approximately 5cm over the edge.
- Repeat this process using the same large petals in the middle (ensuring to cover the staples).
- Repeat the process for the centre using the small petals.
- Place craft glue on the back of the mirrored coaster, place in the centre of the flower.
Please free to email or comment if you have any questions.