Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Roadside Find…{DIY}

A little while ago I gave you a sneak peek of a little something in the back of our Car.

After leaving dinner with some friends late one night my husband with his keen roadside find eye “drawers” I yell “Go back!” under the dark of night we quietly inspected the fabulous find with minimal light, I said “Castors, get this thing into the car!”.

The very next day I ripped off the mirror hold and attacked this beauty with my electric sander.

Before:


After: I think it's rustic imperfect charm fits well within our eclectic apartment and , I love the raw wood finish.

Here is a better photo of one of my favourite prints from Driftwood Interiors

I put the old entertainment unit on Gumtree, It was sold and picked up within the day for $60….. It was bought it on Ebay for $20 four years ago, got to be happy with that!

A bad photo of the old TV Unit:


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. You guys seriously lucked up on that one! It looks really nice in your space. Good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, well done on scoring such a great find :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful rescue! So rare to stumble across quality solid timber furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks wonderful! it looks perfect in your house!!

    allister bee blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Sam!
    We got one like this a while ago. It was an eBay score! Can't remember exactly how much we paid, but it was well under $50
    My husband did a few minor repairs on it and its now in my daughters bedroom!
    I love it! I think the handles may need replacing on our though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so beautiful. My first visit to your amazing space here. Thank you so much for sharing. I know I am going to enjoy looking around and returning often. I look forward to engaging throughtout twenty twelve. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's come up beautifully!! What a great job you've done and I love that round mirror on your wall too x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...