Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cheap customised photo albums

I created these with some cheap $7 photo albums from the dollar store.....Beautiful black and white covered  photo albums - I think they are good enough to display on the dining room buffet- for the time being anyway (Yes - I am soooo 1990's I still use a CD player & like to develop all of my photos).

Here is a little guide to how they were made.
Step 1: Lay material out & cut to size (about 2cm bigger than album/ 1 inch). Use craft glue to stick the edges & cover the album.

 Step 2: Cut coloured card to size (I used black) to cover the inside of the album (craft glue again).

Step 3: Insert the massive pile of photos into the pockets.

Hope you are having a fabulous weekend.
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I love this idea. Its how I covered by school books in primary school. Only the fabric looks so much better! I will have to think about what books I can do this with they look great on display. I also thought I would let you know you can also get the pillow cases on my blog from the POP by Sheridan website and get them delivered for free at the moment. They are so cheap and the fabric is pretty good. The link is here if you are interested. http://www.popbysheridan.com.au/

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Great they are online! Thanks for that (heading there now).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea Samantha, I have many photo albums & as you can imagine, you are never able to get matching ones, this makes it possible to display them nicely.
    Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your covered albums, the stripes are very eye catching. I still need a stereo to listen to cassette tapes,haha.
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black and white stripes. That's all I needed to see...lol


    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this little project needs to make its way to my house! Love the stripes you picked!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...